ROYAL BOND BWP is a waterproof adhesive in the form of a Milky White viscous emulsion, and is ready to use. It is the ultimate branded adhesive for all wood working applications and also where exposure to moisture. A furniture has to face lot of conditions due to change in weather ,moisture, exposure to water etc. This may cause de-bonding in furniture ROYAL BOND BWP protects furniture form de-bonding. The Product ensures that bonded plywood would remain intact even if it is kept in water for 48 hours or in boiling water for one hour.
Water proof, water resistance, single side application, faster setting, high coverage adhesives.
||Milky white emulsion
|Viscosity at 30 °C, Poise( By B.F. DVE Spl.-64, RPM – 10. )
||300 to 400
||1.05 to 1.09
||4 TO 6
||Smooth and easy
- Surfaces to be bonded should be free from oil; grease; dust and dirt and should be dry and properly leveled.
- For best results, roughen the surfaces to be bonded.
- Stir content of container before use.
- Apply even coats of ROYAL BOND BWP first on non-porous substrate, and then on porous surface for e.g. apply first on laminate and then on plywood.
- If possible, application should be lengthwise on one surface and breadth-wise on other surface. This will help in proper and uniform spreading of adhesive while pressing.
- Before allowing adhesive to dry, bring both the surfaces in contact, make proper alignment, and start pressing from one side by using wet squeezed cloth to avoid bubbles, and ensuring uniform contact.
- Pressure can be given by using nails; clamps; weight; masking tape etc.
- Excess adhesive; which comes out from edges should be wiped off with wet squeezed cloth.
- To get best results, bonded surfaces are to be kept under pressure for 24 hrs.
- If required, pressure can be released after 3-5 hrs and the bonded assembly can be put tousle. In case of highly porous surfaces like particleboard and MDF, it is advised that, a thin coat of ROYAL BOND BWP is applied by pressure on the surface and allowed to dry. This will fill the pores of the surface. After drying, light sanding is to be done for getting smooth leveled surface and then this surface is bonded as per the method shown above.
- More coverage and value for money. Gives approx.34 – 36 sq.ft/kg for two side coating. More than any other conventional adhesive in market.
- Easy to clean up while wet.
- Solvent free, Non-hazardous, Non-flammable, No fire hazards.
- Free from strong smell.
- If required it can be diluted with clean water till applicability is achieved.
- Very quick setting time. Handling strength is achieved within 3 – 5 hrs of application.
- Superior flow and spread ability and hence it can give higher coverage.
- Excellent bond strength gives excellent moisture resistance.
- Can be applied by brush, roller, spreader, OR any suitable applicator.
AREA OF APPLICATION
- Bonding laminate, plywood, veneer, particleboard, MDF, block board, hard board to each other, kitchen Units , wall units, bathroom where exposure to water is high.
- Multiple applications in woodworking Furniture industry, Handicrafts, Paper and Packaging Industry, Arts and Crafts, Domestic Household Applications.
- Available in multiple packing’s of 250gm, 500gm, 1kg, 2kg, 5kg, 10kg, 26kg, 50kg, 200kg.
- When not in use, container should be kept closed.
- Film formation if any, should be removed from the surface before use.
- Best to use before 12 months from the date of manufacturing.
- Store in shaded place; away from the sunlight.