STIKOL is our standard economical PVA-type synthetic resin-based adhesive suitable for woodworking as well as labeling, packaging, handicraft based on wood and paper products and other similar applications. Because of its high viscosity it is easily applicable on vertical surfaces. It is non - toxic in nature, and environment – friendly.
Milky white emulsion
Viscosity at 30 °C, Poise( By B.F. DVE Spl.-64, RPM – 10. )
250 to 350
4 TO 6
1.02 to 1.05
Smooth and easy
- Surfaces to be bonded should be free from oil; grease; dust and dirt and should be dry and properly leveled .
- For best results, roughen the surfaces to be bonded.
- Stir the contents of the container before use.
- Apply even coats of STIKOL first on first non-porous surface, and then on porous surface for e.g. apply first on laminate and then on plywood.
- Do not allow adhesive to dry, and bring both the surfaces in contact, with proper alignment, and start pressing from one side by using wet squeezed cloth and ensuring uniform contact. Pressure can be given by using clamps ;weight , masking tape etc.
- Excess adhesive which comes out from edges should be wiped off with squeezed wet cloth.
- To get best results, bonded surfaces are to be kept under pressure for 24 hrs.
- If required, pressure can be released after 8 - 10 Hrs and the bonded assembly can be put to use.
- In case of highly porous surfaces like particleboard and MDF, it is advised that, a thin coat of STIKOL is applied by pressure on the surface and allowed to dry. This will fill the pores of the surface. After drying, light sanding is to be done for getting smooth leveled surface and then bonding is carried out as per the method shown above.
- Approx.34 – 36 Sq.ft. / kg. (applied on both the surfaces)
- Solvent free, Non-hazardous, Non-flammable, Eco-friendly.
- Free from strong offensive odour.
- If required; it can be diluted with some clean water 2% maximum.
- Repositioning of surfaces is possible after bringing surfaces in contact with in 10 minute.
- Best flow and spreadibility, and hence it can give higher coverage.
- Can be applied by brush, roller, spreader OR any suitable applicator.
- Easy clean up while wet.
- Excellent film formation.
AREA OF APPLICATION
- Bonding laminate, plywood, veneer, particleboard, MDF, block board, hard board, cardboard to each other.
- Pencil manufacturing, paper labeling, packaging, wood-based handicrafts
- Wall paper adhesion, carpet manufacturing.
- Book binding, carton manufacturing, fabric starching.
- Bus body building, where wood is used.
- When not in use, the container should be kept closed .Film formation should be removed from the surface before use.
- Best to use before 12 months from the date of manufacturing.
- 500gm pouch, 1kg pouch, 50 Kg., 200 Kg.
- Store in shaded place; away from sunlight.